Time to blow the trumpet once again, folks! Yours truly has turned 35. And once again I find my feelings quite conflicted.
- Just realized when I was taking my morning shower that 35 is halfway to 70. Had to laugh. Then cry…. (not!)
- Ever wonder how you get so old? I never thought I’d be 35. When growing up I imagined myself at 13 (teenager), 16 (drive), 18 (college), 21 (not gonna say), 25 (fully adult) and 30 (grown up with family). Thirty-five? Not even a consideration. Kinda snuck up on me, really.
- What are these strange aches in my body? I didn’t do anything physical! They just seem to come and go these days…
- What are these gray hairs I keep snipping out of my beard? Now I’m afraid to grow a mustache. My hairline keeps receding and that I can handle. But gray? Feels weird. My folks don’t believe me but that’s only because I prevent them from seeing my whiskers of wisdom.
- When does a “young man” cease to be a “young man” and just become a “man”? For that matter, when does a “man” become an “old man”? Deep things to ponder…
- You know you’re getting older when:
— Music gets louder (turn it down!)
— Kids drive faster (slow down!)
— Technology confuses easier (confound!)
- The next milestone will be 40. Over the hill. All washed up. Woe is me.
- Seriously, I’m thankful for the 35 years the Lord has given me and pray for future years I’ve yet to see. May they be filled with faith, hope and love — especially love.